Saturday, July 14, 2007

Almost Home

We arrived back in Moscow this afternoon after a hard week at a Christian camp near Istra. At the camp, the girls traded off, working in the kitchen (mostly peeling potatoes) while the entire team stained an 8-foot fence around the camp's perimeter. Staining the fence required that we cut down trees, clear away millions of stinging nettles, and balance on steep rises of ground for three days as we raced to finish a task that included nearly 3 miles of fence. From start to finish, walking the fence line took almost an hour.

I'm in an internet cafe with J.J., Della, Lisby, and Garett, and my computer has just notified me that I have only 3 minutes remaining on my account. Tomorrow, we visit the circus and prepare for an early morning (2 a.m.) trip to the airport. We miss you. We love you. We appreciate all your prayers for our safety. God has been present and active in our trip and in our relationships. We have many amazing stories to tell. I'm down to 1 minute left. See you soon.

No comments: