Sunday, June 24, 2007

Luggage & Photos





At 3:45 am this morning, British Airways delivered 13 bags to our door! How exciting for our group; clean underwear! We are still missing two bags. One of them has been sent on a flight that landed at 5:00 am this morning and should be here later this morning, and the second will probably be on a flight sometime today (please continue praying).


All students are off at their homestays. We have already heard from Amanda, as she was unsure if it was "normal" to be taken to the woods for a picnic. Liz assured her that this was perfectly normal, so we know that Shelby and Amanda are eating in the woods. I cannot vouch for the rest of their experiences yet, but us leaders had a wonderful evening with the Comforts, Liz, and the Neiferts. Christina Neifert prepared a wonderful meal and Meghan (their 8 year old daughter) punished me badly at their Nintendo Wii. The entire town is in the midst of their annual hot water cleaning. Therefore no house has hot water. I can't speak for the rest, but I am looking forward to my cold shower this morning.


Eric is hard at work preparing breakfast for Liz, Brook and I. He spent yesterday late evening organizing Liz's kitchen in preparation for his grand adventure cooking this morning. Our team should be arriving around 10:00 am this morning. In the works for today is language school.


As Eric said yesterday, God is good! We continue to see this over and over again and appreciate the continued prayers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pictures. I am wondering what the group is eating? Some Russian delicasy? I am also wondering what Garett is craddling? His long lost clothes maybe? We are praying for you all.

Amanda and Sophronia in Nepal said...

Amanda,
You have always liked the woods and you have liked picnics. I hope you had a good time. If they bring an ax, a gun, and a ski mask, then I would really start to worry. Really, I am glad to know that you asked about that because I always want you to be safe. Have a great time and bring home lots of pictures. Dad

Joyce White said...

I'm glad to read that you are eating well and trying the food!Nice shirt, Beth. =)

Eric Muhr said...

The food we are eating is shishlaki, a kind of Russian shish kabob. We ordered shishlaki with salmon, chicken, pork, beef, and lamb. We also had round loaves of chewy white bread.